Make your Facebook account more secure
Facebook provides some method to protected your data. They were disable by default. Follow these steps below to enable and make your data secure.
- At your newsfeed screen, at top-right corner, click dropdown menu and select Settings like image below.
- In Setting screen. At left menu section, select Security, your settings screen looks like picture below.
We are going to figure out some populars security settings in right section
- Login Alerts
- Get an alert when anyone logs in to your account from an unrecognised device or browser. You can receive notification with facebook or email or both.
- Login Approval
- Login Approvals is an extra layer of security that uses your phone to protect your account.
- When logging in from an unknown browser, you'll need a security code.
- You can only get security codes from your phone.
- By entering the code, you can prove that it's really you trying to log in.
- Code Generator
- use Code Generator in your Facebook mobile app to reset your password or to generate Login Approvals security codes.
- App Passwords
- Use special passwords to log in to your apps instead of using your Facebook password or Login Approvals codes.
- App passwords are one-time passwords you can use to log in to your apps and help keep your Facebook password safe. If you have login approvals turned on, you won't have to wait to receive a code when you use an app password. Instead, you can skip login approvals and log in immediately.
There are 4 way to make your data secure, you can use one or all of them. Now let's find down how to use and active one by one.
Enable Login Alerts
To enable Login Alerts, check Get notifications or check Email login to ... to get facebook login notifications on facebook or email. You can alse choose both and add another email address to get notifications. After finish editting, click Save changes.
From now with every sign in signal from an unrecognised device or browser will be notify on facebook and email.
Enable Login Approvals
Follow these steps to enable Login Approvals
- Click Edit in login approvels section. Check Require a security code to access my account from unknow browers
- Click Get Starts
- a message note that facebook text you security code to your phone, just click Next
- Check your phone, enter security code and click Continue
- A Dialog notice that Login Approvals setup is complete, click Close to dismiss this dialog.
When Login Approvals is enable, you can see number that facebook sent security code. If you want to disable, uncheck Require a ....
Enable Code Generator
- Click Edit in Code Generator section, click Enable to start.
- Choose your device then click Continue. Remember, Facebook require your devices has installed facebook app's lastest verison. So make sure you has done already.
At this step, facebook require you open your facebook app on your devices to active Code Generator. When you get code on your device. Click Continue.
- Enter your code, click Confirm
You've actived Code Generator success. From now you can use Code Generator in your Facebook mobile app to reset your password or to generate Login Approvals security codes.
Enable App Passwords
- Click Edit in App passwords section. Click Generate app passwords
- A dialog appears, just click Generate app passwords
- This step, you need to provide app name to generate app passwords. In this example, we generate passwords for skype, so enter skype in textbox then click Generate Password
- Generate succuess, write down this password to login to skype. Click Finish to dissmis dialog, Next Password to generate new app passwords.
In App passwords section, you can generate new app passwords or remove current one.